I am an investor
As private wealth holders, we co-own the Pymwymic Impact Cooperative and invest through themed sub-funds. Values-aligned institutional investors are welcome to join our movement by co-investing in our funds. The Pymwymic team takes the lead in professional matters such as screening investment opportunities, due diligence and managing the investments. The cooperative approach is unique in:
• active involvement of members in due diligence, field trips, mentorships and more
• giving insight in our pipeline as a source for direct investments via our online member platform
• organising frequent learning events from our daily practice through webinars and workshops
• facilitate sharing deals with the broader Pymwymic community on our online member platform
Impact investment strategy
As impact investors, we invest in seed, early and growth stage companies to bridge the funding gap for mission-aligned entrepreneurs. It is our mission to support the growing movement of businesses which serve people and planet. Our added value:
We take a long-term view: our roots in European family business has taught us that a company is passed on from generation to generation. This means we add more value than we extract.
As it is our responsibility to help an impact company grow, we take an active role in building towards the next level of maturity. Our investment team provides hands on support, without intervening with daily business.
By welcoming impact enterprises into the Pymwymic ecosystem, enterprises gain access to our network: investors, platforms, advisors and other field builders.
Building on more than two decades of experience with impact enterprises, we actively work with entrepreneurs to make impact concrete through impact metrics and measurement.
I am an entrepreneur
Our five-step investment process is designed to find innovative impact enterprises with the potential to deliver industry changing impact. These companies serve as a role model of a business model that works for people, planet and profit. Our process also allows us to discover the true values held by the impact enterprise and its alignment with the Pymwymic community.
• Business has a core model that positively impacts people or the earth
• Unique and/or disruptive system changing product or service
• Proof of concept, traction and scalability
• Be managed in a transparent way; values match to Pymwymic
• For themed sub-funds: Strong financial return potential; seeking € 250K to € 4 million in funding
1 we screen
• Time Frame: 0.5- 1 month from initial contact
• Our work: Screening company’s fit with our investment criteria and existing portfolio
2 we assess
• Time Frame: 1- 2 month from initial contact
• Our work: Initial appraisal of the impact and business plan and meeting management team
3 we analyse
• Time Frame 3-4 months from initial contact
• Our work: Starting due diligence process with in-depth discussion with experts and key members of company, site visits and performing valuation
4 we negotiate
• Time Frame: 4- 6 months from initial contact
• Our work: Signing and closing of legal documents end aligning impact strategy into core business of company
5 we start
• Time Frame: 5-8 years from start partnership
• Our work: Value and impact creation through active participation and sharing expertise and experience of the Pymwymic network
Fill in the form and we will contact you
Healthy Ecosystems Impact Fund
We’ve created the world’s first ethical, modular smartphone. You shouldn’t have to choose between a great phone and a fair supply chain.
Pesticides are released to non-target soils, water bodies, atmosphere and absorbed by practically every living organism. Trapview’s automated pest monitoring system, will take us a few steps closer to better and more sustainably-grown food for everyone.
Nature-friendly notebooks. Protecting forests and nature is a big deal to us. So we decided to smash the way stationery is made to pulp.
Member Direct Investments
We invest in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact
We invest in companies focused on financial inclusion, fintech and inclusive growth in sectors providing basic goods and services and income generation opportunities to the underserved in Sub-Saharian Africa
We create a better future for young students by backing the education of students in Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru
Crowdfunding platform that provides debt finance and training to SMEs in developing countries, which can be crucial engines of development, seedbeds for innovation and employment
Closing the Loop
Our platform allows ordinary individuals everywhere to start campaigns, mobilize supporters, and work with decision makers to drive solutions
“Pymwymic has been instrumental in getting Aqua-Spark of the ground.
We have felt a tremendous amount of support, in a really warm and open manner.”
Mike Velings & Amy Novogratz
Aqua-Spark Founders and Managing Partners