Updated on 15 December, 2020
- you are an investment member or a potential investment member of Pymwymic;
- you or your company showed interest to get in touch with Pymwymic through our website, via email, social media, phone or personal interaction with any employees or representatives;
- you apply for a job and submit a job application with us;
- you have been connected to the Pymwymic network;
We collect personal data you provide when interacting with Pymwymic via telephone, website, online platform, in person or over email. Furthermore, we ask for personal data when you enter into a contract with us. We will process your personal data, or that of your related individuals, for carrying out business or contact with you. Further information concerning why we process personal data will be set out in this Policy.
Data about you
When we talk about personal data, we talk about information that says something about you. The best-known forms of personal data are your name, address, email address, telephone number, age and date of birth. Personal data may also include your bank account number and your IP-address. We may also process information about you such as information about your employer/organization, job title, and any other data or information which may not be personal data but may become personal data if combined together with other (non-)personal information.
We may process your passport photograph, this might qualify as a special category of personal data. Therefore, we will only use this personal data if this is permitted by law or if we have obtained your consent for this specific processing.
Additionally, user provided information may include the purpose of your investments, investment objectives, the sectors and geographic location of interest for impact investing and any other information you provide about your investments. We may also periodically provide this information to third party contractors and partners for purposes consistent with our mission.
What legal basis for processing do we have?
Processing of personal data is only allowed when it is based on one of the “grounds” permitted by law. We only use your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- the processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of Pymwymic, such as staying in contact (for more information about our legitimate interests please contact us); and
- the processing is based on your given consent.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help make our operations, business development and services as effective, reliable and efficient as possible. This is done for either one of the following purposes, depending on the nature of your relationship with us:
- For maintaining (network) relations;
- For sending different kind of information such as, but not limited to, newsletters, reports and materials pertinent to our activities. And also to send surveys in order to support our research and analyse use of, interest in, our services or content offered;
- To send you an answer by email related to follow-up questions about our website, online platform, content, your participation in an event or any other feedback;
- To send potential investment opportunities or potential collaboration proposals that would be of your interest;
- to help improve our (online) services, timing and content of future messages and/or to prioritize follow-ups based on perceived communications relevance;
- To verify the identity of investment members in order to accept and maintain their investment;
- To carry out our obligations arising from the contracts entered between you and Pymwymic;
- To comply with tax and regulatory requirements; and
- To comply with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and other financial laws.
Do we share your personal data with others?
Sometimes it is necessary to provide your personal data to third party companies that perform services on behalf of Pymwymic, so called sub-contractors. Sub-contractors we might use are IT service providers. For example, the email service provider. If you have given us your name and email for purposes of communication, your email address is shared with our email service provider. Our sub-contractors are only allowed to process your personal data for us, under our instructions. We may provide non-identifiable personal data to sub-contractors for the purpose of providing and maintaining our services. We use reasonable efforts to limit the use of such shared information solely for this purpose and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We only work with sub-contractors that comply with the GDPR.
Providing your personal data to third parties
Financial service providers
If you are a member of Pymwymic, we share the necessary part of your personal data with our financial administrator and accountant in order for them to carry out their work.
If you are an investment member of Pymwymic, we share the necessary part of your personal data with our fund manager and our accountant in order for them to carry out their work. Our fund manager may also conduct profiling activities in order to prevent fraud, manage risks and investigate unusual transactions.
Other third parties
We may share your information on virtual event platforms during our virtual events, for example with other attendees during a virtual event or conference. This will improve and better the experience and interaction amongst attendees. If this is the case you will be informed.
We may share your personal information with third parties as permitted by, or to reasonably comply with applicable laws and regulations or legal request; to protect against fraud, security or any other issues; safety or vital interests of any natural person; to cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities and to protect Pymwymic’s rights or property.
Please note that Pymwymic is not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, or any other company, including app developers, app providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device manufacturers, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the applications.
Sub-contractors outside European Economic Area
We may occasionally share personal data with our sub-contractors outside Europe. In that case, we ensure that either the country has adequate equivalent protections, and that we have concluded separate agreements with those parties, and that these agreements comply with the European standard.
Retention period of your data
We keep personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the specific purpose. After this period, your personal data will be erased from our systems to the best of our capability.
The law does not stipulate specific storage periods for personal data. Other legislation may specify minimum storage periods, however. If it does, we are under the obligation to observe these periods. Such legislation includes tax laws or laws governing financial undertakings specifically. Another reason for which we may keep your data longer is if we become involved in a lawsuit or other legal proceedings.
What rights do you have?
GDPR entitles you to a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You may exercise these rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond without undue delay, in any even event within one month, and will handle your request free of charge. It involves the following rights:
- Right to Information and Access to the personal information being used
- Right to withdraw your consent
- Right to object to direct marketing
- Right to rectification and erasure – You may ask us to correct any errors or delete your Personal information (whole or in parts) that we hold
- Right to object or restrict our processing of your information
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to profiling
- Request a copy of your personal information
Opt-out: You may opt out from receiving email communications or text messages from us at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” on our website or in the
e-mail received, in the settings of the online platform or by emailing us at to email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Questions or complaints?