Pymwymic committed to B Corp’s standards early on, being the first official B Corp in the Netherlands back in 2013. Since then, we have gone through three recertifications processes, with the latest achieving our highest rating yet – a score of 124.7 – thanks to the improved practices we implemented in relation to our stakeholders (workers, ‘customers’ and community), governance and the environment.
Certified B Corporations are part of a growing movement of people using business as a force for good. Across a variety of industries and around the world, these companies are putting people and the planet before profits and redefining what it means to be successful in business. To meet the esteemed performance requirement, a company must earn a minimum, verified score of 80 points on the B Impact Assessment. This examines a company’s overall impact on its workers, community, customers, and environment.
Some interesting facts about B Corp:
1. Over 3,800 Certified B Corporations in over 74 countries, across 150 industries inspiring tens of thousands of other companies to follow their lead by measuring their impact, changing their corporate structure, and building better businesses.
2. B Corps use the power of business to solve our most pressing global challenges.
3. Unlike traditional corporations, B Corps are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders: customers, workers, communities, and the environment.
4. People want to work for, buy from, and invest in businesses they believe in. B Corp Certification is the most powerful way to build credibility, trust, and value for your business.
5. The total combined revenue of B Corps globally is 67 billion.
6. More than 75,000 businesses are actively following the lead of B Corps by using B Lab’s B Impact Assessment and benefit corporation governance structure.
7. With our new score, we’re proud to say that we are the top-rated European Investment Fund rated by B Corp. Impact is at the core of everything we do, and we believe the new rating is a true reflection of everything our team, portfolio and community are working hard to achieve. We owe great thanks to our members and community for their support and incentive to keep creating impact not only through our investments but also through our operations.