Pymwymic is a community of European families, philanthropists and entrepreneur-turned investors. For almost twenty-five years, we have been investing in companies that create disruptive solutions for global problems. Whether it is plastic waste, land regeneration, women health or responsible consumer products, we are driven to build an economy that serves people and planet. We now seek a strong personality to lead our events, communications and office-related activities. We invite applications for the role of Community Manager.
We work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and seek a strong personality to lead our events, communications and community activities. Projects will predominantly focus on the activities we do through our Field Building Centre and require strong organisational skills. The Field Building Centre is an integral part of Pymwymic and aims to support the transition from traditional to impact investing by organising events, developing educational materials and publishing learnings. You will report to the management of Pymwymic and support the broader team to ensure our daily operations run smoothly.
You will have a diverse range of responsibilities, ranging from event management, communications coordination, supporting member-related processes and office management.
- Plan, coordinate and execute recurring member events (20- 50 attendees)
- Manage event budgets, registrations, logistics and invitations
- Take the lead in several workstreams for our annual conference, Pymwymic Impact Days (200 attendees): venue, logistics, registrations and communications
- Coordinate and execute outgoing communications
- Create newsletters, invitations and basic posts for members and strategic partners
- Manage content related updates on website and online member platform
- Process member subscriptions and manage Pymwymic CRM systems and processes
- Manage internal member database
- Ensure well-kept and effective working environment (office supplies, filing, etc.)
- Manage relationships with (logistics) suppliers and service providers
- Welcome, host and first contact point to expected and unexpected guests
- Support management in developing and proofreading documentation
- Organise team-related events and social happenings
- Energetic team player who finds inspiration in the things we do
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English
- Minimum 5 years working experience, ideally in both corporate & start-up environment
- Strong organisations skills: able to oversee parallel workstreams and deliver on deadlines
- Pro-active problem solver with a can-do mentality
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English
- Holds him/herself to a high standard, attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong sense of integrity and discretion to interact with our members and partners
- Enjoy being supportive to team and handle a diverse range of tasks
- Aligned with Pymwymic’s values
- Comfortable working with Office and eager to learn the basics of several event and communication systems (MailChimp, Event Espresso, WordPress, etc.)
Is this you?
Then we would like to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Community Manager’ in the subject title and add both a CV and motivation letter. Applications are only considered in English and will be considered on a rolling basis until September 30, 2018.
Find a PDF version of the job opportunity here.